Why Go Kosher?
- Certifying your product as kosher is an important marketing strategy which will help generate additional revenue by expanding your product’s marketability.
- A kosher symbol gives your product a competitive edge. When supermarkets decide which brands belong on their shelves the kosher symbol is meaningful as it opens up that product to more customers. It also can boost your market share by winning more favorable shelf space. Research shows than when a kosher product is positioned next to a competing non-kosher brand, a kosher product will do 20% better than the competing brand.
- Consumers are extremely concerned about what they eat. A kosher symbol ensures the highest quality standards to the largest and most diverse audiences. Consumers of kosher foods include Jews, Muslims and members of other religious denominations, as well as vegetarians, the lactose intolerant, and those who equate kosher with superior quality. To the consumer, kosher signifies accountability, acceptability, and excellence.
- North America’s ethnic food companies seeking Kosher certification are setting the trends. While the specialty foods market grows at an annual rate of only 5%, the Kosher food market has grown 15% during the past 10 years.
- $200 billion in Kosher certified food products were sold annually with an active consumer base of 15 million. The consumer equates Kosher with quality.